Monday, January 20, 2014

~* Reason #13: Wanderlust *~

I know this kind of falls under the road-trip subject, but not really. I'm talking more about moving, less about vacations. Lately, I've been contemplating my options for the future. I have 4 1/2 months left on my employment contract, and the lease on my apartment is easy to get out of. I've been wondering what to do if my investors don't come through for me, which is looking more and more like a probability. I have endless options. The only thing limiting me is, as always, finances. But, I have no other ties. Nothing else holding me down. Nobody else to be responsible for. I've been thinking I might move to the beach. You know when you're trying to make a decision, and you're playing out all the options, and then you hit the right answer and your whole body feels lighter? That's what happened when I stumbled across that thought.

I tend to make my decisions based on the people in my life. But right now, there is nobody else in my life. Including family. Hell, my mom couldn't even bother to tell me she got married again, so nobody else gets a say in where I go or what I do anymore. I had stumbled across a quote the other day that lit up in my head when I thought about moving to the beach- "Instead of always planning your next vacation, you should focus on creating a life you don't need to escape from." How perfect is that?

I know it's all up in the air, and I still have a few months to figure out what I'm actually going to do. But my point is, I don't have to think about how my decision will affect anyone else. I don't have to worry about packing for another person, finding a new school or baby sitter, tearing them away from their friends, trying to explain the WHY of moving (because your mom just wants to, kid). I know it sounds selfish, but it's really a relief to not concern myself with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment