Wednesday, January 29, 2014

~* Reason #14: Snow Days *~

This isn't something I really ever thought about growing up in the North. Snow was just an expected thing, anytime from Thanksgiving to Easter. But here in the South....life is different. It snowed last night, maybe about 4 inches, and the entire town is pretty much shut down. Fort Bragg- yeah, the military post- is SHUT DOWN. It's crazy. But, it got me thinking- What about people with kids??

Some people do have to work today. What about the ones that have kids? How do you find a last minute baby-sitter willing to drive on the mostly-unplowed roads to come watch your kid for a bit? And what if you can't really afford one, but can't afford to take the day off from work? Headaches I'm happy without.

Then, of course, there are parents who stay home so it's not as big of a deal for them. But I HATE snow. And ice. And cold weather. Kids love that shit. Kids who usually sleep til noon will be up at the crack of dawn to go play in the snow. And as a responsible parent, you should probably be out there with them, showing them how to build a snowman or throw a snowball. FUCK THAT. I would be the most miserable parent on earth, stuck outside in the damn snow just so my kid could play in it for a while. There is nothing in this world I hate more than being cold. Ugh.

So, today, I'm grateful to be childless because it means I can hang out with my Netflix, inside, with a nice hot cup of coffee instead of freezing my nips off playing outside in this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment